The main aims of ISI are the active participation and substantial contribution at high-technology sectors, which relate to integrated industrial systems, with the objective of increasing the competitiveness of the Greek industry, through application of state-of-the-art technologies.
Among the general aims of ISI are implementation of applied and technological research, development of methodologies, products and services, relevant to scientific and technological sectors of particular interest, such as information and communication systems for production processes, modeling and automation of industrial systems, contemporary methods and production technologies, management / design of production systems, electronic systems, intelligent microsystems, machine vision, and information technology for production processes.
The above general aims are fulfilled through the following activities:
- Research and Development of high-technology products, as well as services, in high-tech sectors of ISI interest, either autonomously or jointly, with high-tech industries and enterprises
- Support of Greek industries, in order to adopt leading-edge technologies, and to obtain a competitive advantage
- Prototyping and validation of products and services
- Development of high - added - value interventions and innovations, custom made for the needs of the industry
- Support of high-tech firms, related to design and development of high - added - value competitive products
- Cooperation with technological and manufacturing partners in the area and in the country, aiming at better linking of research and production and better exploitation of research results
- Internationalisation of activities, particularly in relation to EU countries, through competitive programmes and direct contracts from industry
- Studies and funded research and technology programmes in the areas of ISI interest
- Elaboration of research programmes and market surveys, aiming at commercial exploitation of research results
- Participation at large development projects of national scope, in cooperation with public and private organisations