Memorandum of Cooperation
The Industrial Systems Institute of the ATHENA Research Center and the Dept. of Electrical and Computer Engineering of the University of Peloponnese have signed a Memorandum of Cooperation systematizing the existing collaboration between the two institutions.
The aim of the memorandum is the strengthening of academic and research activities of excellence of the two stakeholders. The cooperation covers research and education issues. More specifically with reference to research it includes
- coordination in the context of European programmes
- mutual use of facilities and equipment
- use of research support services
- exploitation of existing expertise of both parties
- involvement of faculty members of the Department as Research Associates at the Institute
With reference to education it includes
- involvement of ISI researchers in post graduate teaching at the University
- supervision or co-supervision of Master’s and Ph.D. Theses
- fellowships to post graduate students and Ph.D. candidates
- common seminaries in issues of mutual interest
The memorandum is expected to have significant benefits for both institutions as well as the wider research ecosystem in the area.